IGN's Week of GTA III Features
In the past week there were many, mostly reflective, news articles published regarding GTA III. We didn't bother posting each one so as not to overload you. IGN's coverage was the most in-depth, they dedicated the week to celebrating Grand Theft Auto III - so here's a round-up of all the stuff they posted.
- How Grand Theft Auto III Carjacked Open World Games - Rockstar focused more than two decades of open world game design into a single classic. and left the industry a better place for it.
- The Game Industry Remembers Grand Theft Auto III - Leading lights from Bethesda, Insomniac, Valve and more celebrate GTA III's tenth anniversary.
- Dan Houser Talks Grand Theft Auto III - In a rare interview, Rockstar's Dan Houser reveals the stories behind the making of GTA III and his personal experience of the controversies that followed...
- How Grand Theft Auto III Delighted a Generation - Rockstar chief tells IGN how GTA III was initially misunderstood and "utterly ignored".
- GTA 3: Liberty City Radio Set the Bar - Grand Theft Auto III's soundtrack legacy lives on.
- GTA III's Best Easter Eggs - Ten years later, we look at some of Liberty City's best kept secrets.
- Grand Theft Auto III: IGN Editors' Best Memories - Ten years after its launch, IGN editors look back at a game that changed the world.
- IGN's GTA III Celebration Round-Up - IGN brings the curtain down on our celebration of Grand Theft Auto III.
The Dan Houser interview is a particularly nice feature, though he doesn't exactly reveal much on the future of the series. If you feel like a nice trip down memory lane after getting all nostalgic over the past few weeks, check them all out, especially if you have some free time. They're all good reads.